The Purple Ruby
The night was cold and dark, the cruel wind howled fiercely, causing something to shatter in the room next to me. I was terrified, but what shattered? My neck stiffened as I tried to lift my head, but I couldn't! I felt as if I was trapped in a doom dimension and I couldn't get out! Check that, I wouldn't dare try to get out!
My jaw dropped as I heard a faint noise in the background.
"Jessie dear! Jess!"
"Oh Mum! I was in the middle of playing my detective game!"
" Well that will just have to wait, it's time for dinner!"
I struggled to get out of bed, as my forehead still hurt from when I hit it on my bedside table.
"It's steak and kidney pie. Although the steak didn't defrost in time, so it's mostly kidney."
"Yeah, more like kidney pie." I muttered under my breath.
I finished eating and turned the TV on.
The news said that there was a giant ruby found in a cave and I was determined to get it! I phoned my friend Alice to tell her the news and my evil plan. She struggled to digest it.
"My Mum will kill me! I don't want to be grounded for my whole life!" Alice replied with fear and trembling hands, so trembling that she dropped the phone. I just had to go by myself!
I pretended to be an extra short scientist, with orange hair and a tiny brain. Somehow, I pulled it off! The head scientist Poindexter, gave me access to the backstage areas. I sneaked under the curtain (being extra short was a huge advantage)! I stole the purple ruby without anyone knowing. Poindexter sure regretted giving me that key!
The night was cold and dark, the cruel wind howled fiercely, causing something to shatter in the room next to me. I was terrified, but what shattered? My neck stiffened as I tried to lift my head, but I couldn't! I felt as if I was trapped in a doom dimension and I couldn't get out! Check that, I wouldn't dare try to get out!
My jaw dropped as I heard a faint noise in the background.
"Jessie dear! Jess!"
"Oh Mum! I was in the middle of playing my detective game!"
" Well that will just have to wait, it's time for dinner!"
I struggled to get out of bed, as my forehead still hurt from when I hit it on my bedside table.
"It's steak and kidney pie. Although the steak didn't defrost in time, so it's mostly kidney."
"Yeah, more like kidney pie." I muttered under my breath.
I finished eating and turned the TV on.
The news said that there was a giant ruby found in a cave and I was determined to get it! I phoned my friend Alice to tell her the news and my evil plan. She struggled to digest it.
"My Mum will kill me! I don't want to be grounded for my whole life!" Alice replied with fear and trembling hands, so trembling that she dropped the phone. I just had to go by myself!
I pretended to be an extra short scientist, with orange hair and a tiny brain. Somehow, I pulled it off! The head scientist Poindexter, gave me access to the backstage areas. I sneaked under the curtain (being extra short was a huge advantage)! I stole the purple ruby without anyone knowing. Poindexter sure regretted giving me that key!
0 comments:
Post a Comment