For my winter project I have made a model dog house, the first measurements are different to what they were before because my dad reminded me that a dog house is long in depth and short in height. I started by drawing the measurements on the wood, which was hard because the old sheets of MDF Dad had, had crooked edges and then I cut it out. Once that was done, I started to place the shingles on the roof one by one. I found that was quite slow, so I just put glue all over the roof and then pushed the shingles down, (that wasn’t my idea, I’m not that smart with wood).
Once that was done, I had to paint the house itself, I used wood stain to give it a timber effect. Now came the hard part, putting it all together! Making the brackets wasn’t that hard, a friend helped me with that part. Putting it all together was! I held the two sides together while dad hammered the nails in, we had tried glue but that didn’t work. This kept on happening until the structure was built. Next, we had to put little blocks of wood on the bottom so that it would stick to the base. Then the roof went on.
Once it was completely stuck to the base I glued the dirt and the grass on. The problem was, we didn’t have enough grass to cover the whole surface, so I used some old gift parcel and cut a hole in it for the pond. I had to paint it, but we didn’t have any blue paint, so I used some glue that they use on pipes, but I wouldn’t touch it, it’s poisonous, that’s when it’s wet! Next, we put up the clothesline and pegged the photos on, we also put some dog dishes around the front.
Friday, September 19, 2008
My Winter Project
Posted by
Class Member
at
2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment