CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shivers part 1

The drastic drops in the weather, meant that the minimum temperature was at a record low in Sydney and I was hanging on a dramatically, slim rope waiting for the warmth to come to me. Unfortunately it never did, so I just had to suck it up and get what I was given, even though what I was given wasn’t very pleasant. All well, At least there was a great view of the snow, I felt as if I should be rolling around in it! Okay, so I couldn’t roll around in the snow, in fact I couldn’t even see the snow, but it was still only 14 miles away! So, 14 miles is a long way away and I don’t think I was going to see the mountains even with a magnifying glass, or maybe I could have borrowed dad’s glasses, no I couldn’t do that!

Monday, a lovely day, flowers blossoming everywhere. Well in this case there were no flowers, instead dirty old weeds and I don’t think they were going on that well either. As I woke up, the only thing I could think about was the heat vent. I would have loved to stand above it and feel the warm air all around me, but still, our heater was electric. Then the feeling of hot, trickling water popped into my mind, a shower! I could almost feel the luxurious, warm water trickling down my back, but then I realized that the hot water system would probably be frozen! Then I remembered that I had to practice my tennis, but I didn’t think that was going to happen anytime soon.

“Breakfast!” I exclaimed under my breath.
“I have to have breakfast!”
I said it so loudly I think I was dad’s alarm clock for the day. McDonald’s was the first thing that popped into my mind, I could almost smell the fresh rashes of bacon sizzling in the pan, “Well I’m off then.” I said.
I left so quickly dad couldn’t even get a word in. In fact dad didn’t get a word in and before long I was eating those fresh rashes of bacon and scrambled eggs. As always I spilt it all down the front of my shirt ( I would tell you how I managed to do that, but it’s a long story ).

When I got home, dad asked where I had been, “No time for that.” I said.
“No time for what?”
“Don’t worry.”
Straight away I was in my room cutting up round pieces of card, I took out an orange crayon and coloured in the round pieces of card. I took a roll of my spotted masking tape and hung the suns up. Now I felt as if the sun was out, so I leapt outside in the freezing cold, thinking that the sun was out. The big, jolly smile had been wiped off my face, I saw the cold icicles falling from the frosty sky. I looked up and the sky was the colour of dirty dishwater! I just lay in bed and read a book, all day long. Then the wind howled….

0 comments: